Insight: Best Tools For Programmers On Linux In 2018
Linux is mostly popular among the programmers and developers. It doesn’t mean that other people are not fond of it but if you are a programmer then there is a very high probability of you using Linux. There are plenty of programming tools available for programmers to be used in Linux based distros.
Collection Of Best Tools For Programmers On Linux In 2018
How to install Brackets
Install brackets in Ubuntu using snap:
sudo snap install brackets
Atom is another popular programming tool for Linux. Developed by Github Atom IDE is sleek and modern looking IDE. Some of the features of the ATOM:
- Cross-platform editing
- Built-in package manager
- File system browser
- Smart autocompletion
- Multiple panes
Bluefish is a cross platform IDE which is available on Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS-X, Windows, OpenBSD and Solaris.
Some of the features:
- Lightweight – Bluefish tries to be lean and clean, as far as possible given it is a GUI editor.
- Fast – Bluefish starts really quick (even on a netbook) and loads hundreds of files within seconds.
- Multiple document interface, easily opens 500+ documents (tested >10000 documents simultaneously)
- Project support, enables you to work efficiently on multiple projects, and automatically restores settings for each project.
- Multi-threaded support for remote files using gvfs, supporting FTP, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, WebDAV, CIFS and more
- Very powerful search and replace, with support for Perl Compatible regular expressions, sub-pattern replacing, and search and replace in files on disk.
- Open files recursively based on filename patterns and/or content patterns
- Snippets sidebar – specify custom dialogs, search and replace patterns or insert patterns and bind them to a shortkut key combination of your liking to speed up your development process
- Integrate external programs such as make, lint, weblint, xmllint, tidy, javac, or your own program or script to handle advanced text processing or error detection
- Integrate external filters of your liking, pipe your document (or just the current selected text) through sort, sed, awk or any custom script
- Unlimited undo/redo functionality
Install Bluefish on Ubuntu using PPA
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:klaus-vormweg/bluefish sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install bluefish
Netbeans is a popular Heavyweight IDE which is mostly used for developing in C, C++, PHP, Node JS, , Java Angular JS etc. NetBeans IDE 8.2 is available in English, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, and Simplified Chinese.
Sublime is a popular cross-platform text editor these days. It might sound strange that how text editor can do the work of IDE but due to the availability of amazing extensions ( plugins), it can do amazing jobs like modern IDE.
Install Sublime Text Editor In Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
Run the following command to install GPG key:
wget -qO - https://download.sublimetext.com/sublimehq-pub.gpg | sudo apt-key add -
and run this command to make sure that it works with https source.
sudo apt-get install apt-transport-https
To install Stable version run the following command
echo "deb https://download.sublimetext.com/ apt/stable/" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sublime-text.list
- To install Dev version:
echo "deb https://download.sublimetext.com/ apt/dev/" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sublime-text.list
Now, install Sublime text editor:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install sublime-text
6) QT Creator