Insight: Install flat remix icon theme in ubuntu and fedora
Flat Remix icon theme is a pretty simple Linux icon theme inspired on material design. If you love flat and material design, then flat remix icon theme can be the best option to replace your boring default theme.
According to the official github page, This theme has been designed on gnome shell 3.26 and ubuntu 17.04 but it has been said that it should work with most linux distributions, under gnome, unity, cinnammon, xfce, kde, etc.
It is available in three variants:
- Flat Remix – main icon theme
- Flat Remix Dark – for dark interfaces
- Flat Remix Light – for light interfaces
Download the theme from the source if you want to perform manual installation.
Install Flat Remix Icon Theme In Ubuntu
For Manual installation
- Download the zip file from the download link above and uncompress the zip file.
- Move the uncompressed “Flat Remix” folder to “.icons” in your home directory.
- Now select “Flat Remix” as icon theme via tweaktool.
For Terminal Installaton:
cd /tmp && rm -rf flat-remix && git clone https://github.com/daniruiz/flat-remix && mkdir -p /.icons && cp -r flat-remix/Flat-Remix* ~ /.icons/ && gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface icon-theme "Flat-Remix"
Install Flat Icon Theme On Ubuntu based distributions
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:daniruiz/flat-remix sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install flat-remix
Fedora based distributions
sudo dnf copr enable daniruiz/flat-remix sudo dnf install flat-remix