Insight: How to Install Visual Studio Code in Ubuntu
Microsoft Visual Studio Code IDE has reached the latest release. 1.19 is out with various improvement.
Some of the notable improvements are:
- Improve startup and overall performance with an improved configuration-model #37426, #37539.
- Improve startup by caching extension information from
- Improve startup by delaying the creation of helper processes, like file watcher #38230, search app #38235, and extensions process #38323.
- Improve file loading for better startup performance #37541.
- Use the faster list widget instead of the tree when possible #38638. Rework the BREAKPOINTS view and the OPEN EDITORS Explorer section.
- Optimize the handling of touch events for improved performance #37917.
- Improve the overall workbench performance by skipping unnecessary layouts and computations 39699, #39185, #38966, #38963, #38962, #38960.
- Improve startup by removing unused code #38414.
How to Install Visual Studio Code in Ubuntu:
Download the official .deb package for Debian/Ubuntu from the link below:
Now install it.
sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/code_*.deb; sudo apt -f install
How To Uninstall Visual Studio Code:
Run following command.
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove code