Linux kernel 4.14 by the codename of “Fearless Coyote,” is officially out now. Linus Torvalds announces the Kernel in his blog.
because it really would be lovely to have a smaller and calmer release for 4.15.
Anyway, go out and test the new 4.14 release, that is slated to be the
next LTS kernel – and start sending me pull request for the 4.15 merge
Some of the new features in Linux Kernel 4.14 LTS are:
– Intel Cache Quality Monitoring code was rewritten.
– Xen and KVM updates as well as optimizations for Microsoft Hyper-V.
– F2FS tuning for Android.
– New sound hardware support.
– Cgroup2 threading support was merged.
– XFS has received more fixes.
-Zstd compressed added
-Vega improvements in AMDGPU.
Linux 4.14 is 2017 Long-Term Stable (LTS) release of the kernel. The 4.14 source tarball can be obtained from kernel.org.