Let’s checkout some amazing open source linux games available for Linux Operating Systems.
List Of Popular Open Source Linux Games
SuperTuxKart is a 3D open-source arcade racer with a variety characters, tracks, and modes to play. One of the most popular open source linux games is more fun than realistic, and provide an enjoyable experience for all ages.
In Story mode, you must face the evil Nolok, and defeat him in order to make the Mascot Kingdom safe once again! You can race by yourself against the computer, compete in several Grand Prix cups, or try to beat your fastest time in Time Trial mode. You can also race with up to four friends on one PC, or battle each other in multiplayer arenas. Network multiplayer modes are currently under development.
The Dark Mod is a FREE, first-person stealth game inspired by the original Thief series by Looking Glass Studios. In it you play a hooded figure slinking through the shadows of a gothic steampunk city, hunting priceless valuables while avoiding the swords and arrows of those hired to stop you.
The Dark Mod was originally released Oct. 17th, 2009. The standalone version, TDM 2.0, launched in Oct. 2013.
Hedgewars is a turn based strategy, artillery, action and comedy game, featuring the antics of pink hedgehogs with attitude as they battle from the depths of hell to the depths of space.
As commander, it’s your job to assemble your crack team of hedgehog soldiers and bring the war to your enemy.
- Hilarious and strategic turn based combat for up to 8 players
- Both local and network multiplayer, with optional AI opponents
- Battle on an infinite number of randomly generated maps with over 31 environments, or choose from 48 set image maps
- Utilize 55 (and counting) devastating weapons! Defeat your foes with simple weapons like Grenades or take it to the next level and trash entire landscapes with weapons like the Melon Bomb or Piano Strike
- Play the game your way, with 25 different game modifiers, tweak almost every aspect of the match
- Customize your team, with over 280 costumes, 32 graves, 13 forts, 100s of flags and unique voice packs
- Huge battles with up to 48 hogs
- Play both singleplayer and multiplayer minigames
- If that’s not enough, you can download tons community content packs straight through the game or even plugin your own custom maps, costumes, and other artwork
Voxelands is a sandbox construction game inspired by earlier “voxel world” style games such as Minetest, Minecraft, and Infiniminer. Gameplay puts players in a fully destructible 3D game world where they can place and dig numerous types of blocks, items and creatures using a variety of tools. Inside the game world players can build structures, artworks and anything else their creativity can think of on multiplayer servers and singleplayer worlds across multiple game modes.
Voxelands was originally forked from the Minetest-C55 0.3.x codebase as a result of several core developers becoming disillusioned with the direction of Minetest 0.4. We wanted to put the fun back into the game, and stop trying to make it into an engine
Here comes the one of the popular open source linux games, The Battle for Wesnoth is a Free, turn-based tactical strategy game with a high fantasy theme, featuring both single-player, and online/hotseat multiplayer combat. Fight a desperate battle to reclaim the throne of Wesnoth, or take hand in any number of other adventures