Last Updated on
Insight: Clonezilla Live 2.6.5-21 Released With Improvements
Latest Clonezilla Live has been released. The new version of Clonezilla live is based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2020/Mar/09) and Linux kernel 5.4.19-1.
Clonezilla is a partition and disk imaging/cloning program. File systems supported by Clonezilla are : (1) ext2, ext3, ext4, reiserfs, reiser4, xfs, jfs, btrfs, f2fs and nilfs2 of GNU/Linux, (2) FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS of MS Windows, (3) HFS+ of Mac OS, (4) UFS of FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD, (5) minix of Minix, and (6) VMFS3 and VMFS5 of VMWare ESX.
Minimum System Requirements for Clonezilla live:
- X86 or x86-64 processor
- 196 MB of system memory (RAM)
- Boot device, e.g. CD/DVD Drive, USB port, PXE, or hard drive
Some of the new improvements are:
- Language files were updated: ca_ES, de_DE, es_ES, fr_FR, hu_HU, it_IT, ja_JP, pl_PL, sk_SK and tr_TR. Thanks to René Mérou, Michael Vinzenz, Juan Ramón Martínez, Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Greg Hefty, Gianfranco Gentili, Akira YOSHIYAMA, Kris, ondrej dzivy balucha, and Volkan Gezer.
- Improve ocs-restore-mdisks by adding option -a|–last-action to separate the last action before it’s finished. Thanks to Brian Balzer for asking this. Ref: https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/discussion/Open_discussion/thread/366eeabc42/
- Include packages nvme-cli and scrub in Clonezilla live. Thanks to Suncatcher for suggesting this.
- Include some more packages: tmux, mtr-tiny, dcfldd, and iotop.
- Add bluetooth related packages in DRBL/Clonezilla live packages list: bluetooth, bluez and bluez-tools. Thanks to izo1 for this idea.
- Let a bare block device with a file system (e.g, /dev/sda, not /dev/sda1), which we treat as a partition, can be chosen as the destination disk when not saving.
- New upstream gen-torrent-from-ptcl (from partclone_create_torrent.py), use python3: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tjjh89017/ezio/migrate_to_py3/utils/partclone_create_torrent.py
- Remove archivemount and cloudfuse from packages list of clonezilla live since: (1) It requires fuse v2 but now only fuse v3 is available in Debian Sid. (2) It’s not maintained for many years. (3) It’s not used basically. The swift repository is temporarily removed from prep-ocsroot dialog menu.
- Add s3ql in the packages list so that user can manually mount swift/S3 cloud storage.