Last Updated on
Insight: Best IDEs for Linux in 2018
Let’s jump into the topic directly without any explanation. In this post, we are going write about IDEs, some of the best IDEs for Linux in 2018.
Collection Of Best IDEs For Linux In 2018 : Linux Programming
How to install Brackets
Install brackets in Ubuntu using snap:
sudo snap install brackets
For other Linux distributions:
2) Light Table
Despite of being not so common name in IDEs segment, Light Table is feature rich open source IDE. Light Table has a powerful plugin system with over 100+ plugins.
Features of Atom:
- Cross-platform editing
- Built-in package manager
- File system browser
- Smart autocompletion
- Multiple panes
Bluefish is a cross platform IDE which is available on Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS-X, Windows, OpenBSD and Solaris.
Some of the features:
- Lightweight – Bluefish tries to be lean and clean, as far as possible given it is a GUI editor.
- Fast – Bluefish starts really quick (even on a netbook) and loads hundreds of files within seconds.
- Multiple document interface, easily opens 500+ documents (tested >10000 documents simultaneously)
- Project support, enables you to work efficiently on multiple projects, and automatically restores settings for each project.
- Multi-threaded support for remote files using gvfs, supporting FTP, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, WebDAV, CIFS and more
- Very powerful search and replace, with support for Perl Compatible regular expressions, sub-pattern replacing, and search and replace in files on disk.
- Open files recursively based on filename patterns and/or content patterns
- Snippets sidebar – specify custom dialogs, search and replace patterns or insert patterns and bind them to a shortkut key combination of your liking to speed up your development process
- Integrate external programs such as make, lint, weblint, xmllint, tidy, javac, or your own program or script to handle advanced text processing or error detection
- Integrate external filters of your liking, pipe your document (or just the current selected text) through sort, sed, awk or any custom script
- Unlimited undo/redo functionality
Install Bluefish on Ubuntu using PPA
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:klaus-vormweg/bluefish sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install bluefish
There are plenty of IDEs available in the market. These four are our favorite one. Let us know if we have missed out other important and useful IDE.