Last Updated on
Insight: GIMP 2.10.2 Released With Bug Fixes : How To Install Gimp
GIMP 2.10.0 was released not even a month ago. Meanwhile, the first bugfix version 2.10.2 has been released by GIMP. According to them, 44 bugs have been fixed.
Some of the changes in latest version are:
- Discard fonts which fail to load and popup an info dialog to allow
people debug their fonts
- Tool options are now properly saved and reloaded per-device at
- Enable visibility of rasterized vector layer from PSD
- Single-window screenshots in Windows fixed to correctly snap a
window even when it is partly off-screen or covered by another
window or when display scaling is not set to 100%
- New Spherize filter to wrap an image around a spherical cap
- Warn users, when alpha-only painting has no effect. E.g. when target
drawable doesn’t have an alpha channel, or the alpha channel is locked
- Updated translations: Catalan, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek,
Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Latvian, Polish, Russian, Spanish,
- Add a flatpak manifest for the gtk3-port branch
- Improve mouse wheel zooming behavior to keep the same point
centered under the pointer even if the image is completely visible
in the canvas.
- Updating the description of the XCF format “devel-docs/xcf.txt”, for
third-party readers wishing to support GIMP 2.10 XCF files.
- Add documentation skeletons for all enums in libgimpbase/, there is
much room for improvement.
How to Install GIMP 2.10.2 via PPA in Ubuntu:
Open terminal run the following command to add the PPA. Latest release has been made available in PPA repository.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:otto-kesselgulasch/gimp
Now, run the following command to install gimp in Ubuntu.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gimp