Last Updated on
Insight: Install MuseScore In Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
MuseScore is a free and open-source musical notation software which is also available for Linux based distros. Meanwhile, MuseScore 2.3 was released few days ago with plenty of new features along with bug fixes.
MuseScore 2.3 was released June 29, 2018.
New Features In MuseScore 2.3:
- Implement extensions to provide an easy way to install soundfont, templates and instruments.xml.
- Add buzz roll tremolo stem.
- Add a more flexible way to choose noteheads in drumset for percussion instrument.
- Add ability to have a different MIDI pitch for drum instrument based on articulation or tremolo.
- Implement filters in Zerberus.
- Implemented flams and crush notation for unpitched percussion.
- Fix #270996: No sound on upgrade to 2.2 if default soundfont was saved as default
- Fix #271717: Match the default tempo in New Score Wizard
- Fix #272377: ‘Follow text’ is not applied to tempo text
- Fix #222031: remove ties and spanners when removing induvidual notes within a chord
- Fix #271718: clicking noise fix
- Fix #271719: sound accumulation on noteOff
- Fix #271722: long release samples do not play in their entirety
- Fix #272687: Unable to select an SFZ playback for a drum instrument
- Fix #273150: incorrect off_by processing
- Fix #273241: incorrect loading sample when use comment line
Crashes and corruptions fixed
- Fix #76751: MuseScore crashes when opening plugin manager after adding new plugin
- Fix #270850: Changes to a score cause all fermatas over a barline to be discarded
- Fix #271039: crash when closing score after changing tempo in play panel
- Fix #271161: crashes on certain tuplets due to failure to sanitize
- Fix #271299: Errors with multiple clefs
- Fix #271325: Adjusting a note outside the range of a piano causes a crash when the piano keyboard is visible.
- Fix #272172: Remove tuplets after inserting measures causes corruption/crash
- Fix crash in MusicXML import when drumset instrument has no midi-unpitched
Install MuseScore In Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, Musical Notation Software For linux
There are multiple way to install MuseScore In Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. One of them is via PPA. Run the following command to add the PPA of the MuseScore:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mscore-ubuntu/mscore-stable
Now, Install MuseScore:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install musescore
Install MuseScore via Snap Package:
sudo snap install musescore
Install MuseScore using Flatpak:
flatpak install --from https://flathub.org/repo/appstream/org.musescore.MuseScore.flatpakref
Find download link and installation instruction for other Linux platform from the the source below: