It’s been month since the release of latest Cinnamon 3.4. Here, we will tell you process to install Cinnamon on Ubuntu operating system.
Cinnamon 3.4 features a ton of fixes and refinements.
- Support for mozjs38 (CJS 3.4 uses mozjs38, CJS 3.2 uses mozjs24, Cinnamon 3.4 is compatible with either CJS 3.4 or CJS 3.2)
- Support for additional Wacom devices (in particular, devices with no erasers or with only one button)
- Multi-process Settings Daemon (each plugin now runs in its own separate process)
- Cleaner session EXIT phase (this phase used to timeout after 1 seconds, it is now immediate)
- Desktop grid
- Separate processes for Nemo and the desktop handling
- Simpler date formats for last-modified column in list-view
- Wildcard support in file searches
- Desktop actions in panel launcher
- Ala Firefox support for middle-click and Ctrl key in Nemo navigation buttons to open new tabs
- Theming engine improvements for systray and margins
- Additional configuration options for the screensaver
- New list widget for spices settings
- More information shown in spices about dialogs
- Support for lightdm-settings and manage-systemd-units in System Settings
- File manager (inode/directory MIME handler) selection in Favorite Applications
- Better support for the configuration of mice acceleration and sensitivity
How To Install Cinnamon 3.4 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS & 17.04
You need to add the Cinnamon PPA to your software sources and run the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:embrosyn/cinnamon
sudo apt update && sudo apt install cinnamon
Now, you can restart your system to see the changes right from the login screen.