Insight: Install File Manager On Ubuntu
A file manager or file browser is a computer application which provides a user interface to manage files and folders. It is always easy to manage files efficiently and easily with GUI based file manager. In this tutorial, we will show you the method to install third party application ‘SunFlower’ file manager on Ubuntu. Sunflower is an easy-to-use and powerful file manager which is based on GTK. SunFlower is a cross platform and open source file manager for Linux.
- It is easily extensible with Python and GTK+.
- Easy and quick access to command line interface through terminal tabs, VTE or external.
- Set of tabs for every occasion.
- Support for better multitasking with full multi-threading support.
- More flexibility in your daily operations through easy to use interface.
- Fully optimized for keyboard users.
Install File Manager on Ubuntu
We can easily install Sunflower on Ubuntu via PPA. Run the following commands in Terminal to install file manager on Ubuntu:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:atareao/sunflower sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install sunflower
If you are a user of Linux other than Ubuntu operating system then download the required file for your Linux operating system from the download link below:
Open your app dashboard and start using Sunflower file manager.