Last Updated on
Insight: Install IntelliJ IDEA In Ubuntu 18.04
IntelliJ IDEA 2018.1.1 has been released. It is the first bug-fix update for the recently released IntelliJ IDEA 2018.1.
It contains some of the major fixes for critical issues:
- The keystrokes aren’t lost during freezing anymore: IDEA-186636.
- Clicking the Replace all option from the Replace in path dialog doesn’t cause the IDE to freeze: IDEA-188229.
- We’ve fixed the issue with broken JPS that inhibits all non-gradle Android builds: IDEA-189170.
- Facet settings stored externally are now loaded by the build process: IDEA-189112.
- An important fix that restores the automatic check for updates
According to the official blog, It comes with support for annotationProcessorPaths option in the maven-compiler-plugin 3.5 for external dependencies.
How To Install IntelliJ IDEA In Ubuntu 18.04
1. If you are using Ubuntu 16.04 and never installed a snap package then execute the followin command to install
sudo apt-get install snapd snapd-xdg-open
2. Now you can search and install IDEA via Ubuntu Software.
Meanwhile, you can also install interllij IDEA with following command:
snap install intellij-idea-community --classic
If you want to install ulimate edition then replace
intellij-idea-ultimate in above command.