Last Updated on
Latest version of Virtual Box is out. Virtual Box 5.2.10 is available for download. Virtual box is developed by Oracle corporation. Oracle VM VirtualBox is a free and open-source hypervisor for x86 computers. Some of the improvement in latest version are listed below:
- VMM: Fixed missing NULL pointer check in MMIO code
- Storage: fixed having multiple NVMe controllers with ICH9 enabled (5.2.0 regression)
- Network: fixed wireless detection regression when bridging to adapters with unbound IP protocols.
- Network: fixed VERR_INTNET_FLT_IF_NOT_FOUND when bridging to some adapters on Windows hosts
- Audio: Fixed interrupt storm in FreeBSD guests with HDA.
- Keyboard: Introduced a small delay to fix old software which expects to be able to read an incoming scan code more than once.
- Windows installer: Removed the “Ignore” action in the case the current VBox installation is still running, as the (successful) update will not work until a host reboot is performed
- NAT: Handle nameserver 0.0.0.0 which is a valid setting
- BIOS: INT 15h/87h service must disable A20 gate when done
- Linux Guest Additions: fix a hang starting KDE Plasma
In this tutorial, we will show you the steps to install virtualbox in ubuntu.
How to Install Virtualbox in Ubuntu:
1. You need to remove the older version of Virtualbox if you have installed it. Remove the older version with the help of the following command. We suppose you are using virtualbox 5.1.
sudo apt-get remove virtualbox virtualbox-5.1
2. Now. Download the latest virtualbox package & install it.
3. In this step you can directly install the latest version from Synaptic Package Manager or via apt command, after removing the old version. For this you need to add Oracle VBox repository.
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list
Now, Install virtualbox in ubuntu ( Here we are installing virtualbox 5.2) :
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install virtualbox-5.2