Insight: Remote Control Your Linux Desktop With These Top Android Apps
This post is for you if you are looking for the answers to your question regarding the remote controlling of your Linux desktop from your android based smartphone. In this post, we will discuss about various android apps to control Linux operating system remotely.
Remote Control Your Linux Desktop With These Top Android Apps
1. KDE Connect
KDE Connect is an open source android app to remote control your Linux operating system. You need to install KDE Connect on your computer for this app to work, and keep the desktop version up-to-date with the Android version for the latest features to work. This app let you to:
– Shared clipboard: copy and paste between your devices.
– Share files and URLs to your computer from any app.
– Get notifications for incoming calls and SMS messages on your PC.
– Virtual touchpad: Use your phone screen as your computer’s touchpad.
– Notifications sync: Read your Android notifications from the desktop.
– Multimedia remote control: Use your phone as a remote for Linux media players.
– WiFi connection: no USB wire or bluetooth needed.
– End-to-end TLS encryption: your information is safe.
2. Remote Mouse
Remote Mouse is a free to use android app to remote control Linux desktop. Remote Mouse turns your mobile phone or tablet into a user-friendly remote control for your computer. It works like a wireless mouse, keyboard and touchpad, also provides a variety of specialty control panels, such as Media Remote, Application Switcher and Web Browsing Remote, which helps you perform specific operations more quickly.
3. TeamViewer for Android
TeamViewer is a popular remote deskop application and it also have a android version which can be used to control Linux desktop remotely.
– Screen sharing and complete remote control of other devices
– Intuitive touch and control gestures
– File transfer in both directions
– Computers & Contacts management
– Sound and HD video transmission in real-time
– Highest security standards: 256 Bit AES Session Encoding, 2048 Bit RSA Key Exchange
4. DroidMote Client
You can use DroidMate client app to control your Android, Windows, Linux or Chrome OS device. You need to install client app on your Android device and server app on desktop.
5. AIO Remote
You can use AIO Remote to control your Linux desktop from android based smartphone or tablet via WIFI/Bluetooth network. AIO Remote stands for All In One Remote.
6. VNC Viewer for Android
Free and open source remote desktop app VNC viewer for android turns your phone into a remote desktop, giving you instant access to your Mac, Windows and Linux computers from anywhere in the world. You can connect to popular VNC servers including RealVNC, TightVNC on Linux.